Studies have shown that 70-80% of the customers research a business online before visiting personally or making a purchase. This means that building a website is crucial for the company’s growth and success.
Whether you want to build a website for yourself or for your business or, maybe, you’re looking to update your company’s outdated website. Whatever the case, you can easily do that by using the right tools and resources.
We’ve comprehensively put it together in this step-by-step guide that will help you build a website from scratch without spending much money on developers, freelancers, or agencies.
Whats on This Page
- Whats on This Page
- Website Builder vs. WordPress
- Using Website Builder
- 1. Pick the correct website builder for you.
- 2. Choose and sign up for a plan that suits your budget and requirements.
- 3. Pick a unique and applicable domain name.
- 4. Select a design template you like and customize it.
- 5. Format and upload your own content.
- 6. Download the necessary applications.
- 7. Review and test your site.
- 8. Publish your site on the web.
- Pros and Cons of Website Builders
- What Do You Need to Build a Website?
- Choose a Domain Name
- Get Web Hosting and Register the Domain
- Using WordPress
- Setup Your Website by Installing WordPress
- Designing Your Website
- Choose and Install Plugins for Your WordPress Website
- How to Add Content to Your WordPress Site?
- Install Google Analytics
- Plan Your Marketing Strategy
- 1. Perform a website design review
- 2. Optimize your website for SEO
- 3. Promote your website on social media networks
- 4. Create a content marketing plan
- 5. Use Paid Ads to reach more customers
- 6. Use email marketing to interact with your audience
- 7. Keep your website and content up-to-date and move forward
- 8. Measure, analyze, rinse and repeat
- WordPress FAQs
- 1. Is WordPress the best way to make a site?
- 2. How would I bring in money from my site?
- 3. How would I start a site where I can sell items?
- 4. Do I have to know HTML/CSS to make and tweak my site?
- 5. How might I start a site for free?
- 6. Would I be able to begin a site like eBay?
- 7. Would I be able to get a free domain name for my site?
- 8. Would I be able to import my posts from another blog or blogging platform?
- Final Thoughts
In this article, I have shared all the step-by-step procedures to build a website using Website Builders and WordPress.
Once the website is set up, you can start focusing on increasing sales online on your website.
Website Builder vs. WordPress
It seems that building a website can be a difficult task; however, there are various tools available today that can make the process easier.
You can use two ways to make a website:
Let us proceed and read on to check out how you can build your own website using a website builder and WordPress.
Using Website Builder
1. Pick the correct website builder for you.
Website builders are popular nowadays; however, you need to choose one that matches your needs and requirements. Some builders use templates to create the design of the website, while some uses drag and drop methods.
If you want to earn money online, you can use website builders like Shopify or BigCommerce (for large eCommerce businesses) and use Wix if looking for a small eCommerce business.
2. Choose and sign up for a plan that suits your budget and requirements.
Now since you have chosen the right website builder, its time to pick up the right price plan. If you are after a small service business, the cheaper plans will work for you.
Go for an expensive plan with more features, if you are planning to look after a large business.
For example, if you want to showcase and expand your business online through a website for getting thousands of visitors and multiple staff accounts, try the Weebly’s Business Plan for $25 per month.
Stick with the free plan if you are on a budget.
3. Pick a unique and applicable domain name.
If your website was a house, it should be provided with a unique address for identification. Similarly, you need to assign a unique and relevant domain name to your website.
A domain name is the address of your website that people or Internet users add in the browser URL to visit your site. For example, the domain name for Yahoo is www.yahoo.com.
4. Select a design template you like and customize it.
Now comes the most exciting and creative part- the time to select the template or theme to design while building your own website. Your opted website builder will guide you to this stage.
Templates act as a canvas or a medium for you to paint the content of your site on. In general, it provides a framework for your website.
They are used to beautifully highlight your visual work. The better the plan, the more templates to access like photography, online stores, restaurants, blogs, etc.
Your chosen website builder will help you to select from a wide selection of design templates. Templates work or fit according to your choice, so chose one that fits your needs and one that seems right for what you want to accomplish.
Below is a screenshot of templates in Weebly:
Now its time to customize your chosen website builder with your own content and images. Your website builder will guide you through this as well. Templates are like recipes, follow it, add your own ingredients and spices to give your own flavors and style.
Website builders provide an easy and flexible path to include your own customizations in your website like:
Below is a screenshot to customize pages in Weebly:
5. Format and upload your own content.
Once you have selected the necessary colors, layout, and font for your website, its the right time to add your content to the website like text, images, videos, etc.
To add the text, you need to practice some writing tips like researching your readers, carrying out competitors’ research, use headings, keep the language simple, use a conversational tone, be active, not passive, etc.
For images, you should choose proper titles, alt text, and descriptions. Quality of the images is a must, i.e., blurry images are out of the options. You can search for free images online at Pixabay, Flickr, or Unsplash.
6. Download the necessary applications.
You can use the necessary applications to add the missing functionality to your website, such as forms and social media platforms. It works just like the App Store.
You can explore the website builder’s app market to check its apps’ price, rating, and features.
7. Review and test your site.
Your website should be responsive, ie. It should work perfectly on both mobile and desktop. So, don’t forget to preview the website before publishing it. All the things should be working correctly, whether it be your chosen templates, images, or customized fonts.
You should ask some questions before publishing the changes on your website:
Previewing the website is much easier with website builders. You need to click the preview button to see how your website looks like.
Most of the website builders provide a toggle option to see how the site works on different screen sizes. Make the essential changes and click on the preview mode to see how it looks live.
8. Publish your site on the web.
Once everything is set, click the publish button. Don’t panic; you can make changes to your website after publishing.
Be happy now! Your site is ready to be viewed by others. Share it with your friends, colleagues, and family. In a couple of hours, your website is ready to use.
If you find your website annoying or less impressive later on, you can edit it.
Pros and Cons of Website Builders
What Do You Need to Build a Website?
Are you planning to build a website yourself?
You will need these things to build a website.
Website platform – WordPress
To create a completely useful site, you’ll need to have a domain name (web address) and a hosting web account. These two ensure that your site is completely available to other people. Without these two, you will not be able to set up a site.
When you have hosting and domain, you can build a WordPress site. WordPress is the most famous site-building platform that is being utilized by 30% of all the websites on the Internet.
Setting up a WordPress website is an easy and simple process, one-click process with your hosting web service.
Choose a Domain Name
To create a site, the first thing you’ll need is a domain name.
The domain name is your site name and address. That address is utilized by your users or visitors when they try to discover your webpage through their internet browsers.
The Google site’s domain name is google.com. Yours can be anything.
How much does a domain name cost?
Domain names may cost somewhere in the range of $10 to $50 every year. The standard price is around $15.
If you haven’t enrolled or picked a domain name for your site, here are a few hints to get you out:
Choosing a unique Domain name
In case you’re building a website for your business, your domain name should coordinate with your organization or brand name.
For instance: YourBrandName.com
If you intend to set up an individual site for yourself, at that point, YourPersonalName.com can be a great alternative.
Utilize a “general” domain name expansion, for example, .com, .net or .org if your objective is to attract international clients or visitors. Utilize a “local” domain name expansion, for example, .de, .fr, or .ru if your objective is nation focused.
Choose a domain name that is:
Get Web Hosting and Register the Domain
You will need a web hosting to register a domain name. This will be your site’s home on the Internet.
Web hosting provider is a facility that stores your site content (files) on a secure server. Without a web host, your site will not be active and running.
Web hosting providers should have the following features:
Link to Bluehost
I recommend Bluehost, which I personally use. It provides free domain names and is one of the largest hosting companies in the world. They are additionally a suggested hosting partner for WordPress.
Let us continue and purchase a domain name and hosting.
1. Visit Bluehost to get a web hosting account. Click on ‘get started now.’
3. Read the features each plan provides, select the plan, and continue. Next, Bluehost will help you to set up your domain.
In general, you should stick to a .com domain name. Ensure that it identifies your business, simple to spell and pronounce, and simple to remember.
4. Click on the Next button, and on the next screen, you will be asked to enter your account details such as name, address, email, etc.
You will also be asked to provide some optional extras that you can add to your selected plan, such as domain privacy protection, site backup pro, search engine jumpstart, etc.
5. Add the payment information to finish the purchase. You will receive all the details on how to login to your web hosting cPanel on your registered email. This is the place where you manage everything, most importantly, the place where you install WordPress.
Types of Hosting
In case you’re building your first site, shared hosting is most likely the correct solution. That is because, with shared hosting, numerous sites share a single server. The server’s assets — including memory, storage, and power — are proportionately distributed among shared customer sites.
Shared hosting is the most commonly utilized kind of web hosting. Furthermore, it’s cost-effective and simple to manage and organize, making it perfect for small and medium-sized organizations.
Some of the best-shared website hosting providers are Bluehost, HostGator, WP Engine, Flywheel, SiteGround, etc.
With virtual private server (VPS) hosting, clients, despite everything, share the equal and same physical server space; however, the hosting provider introduces a virtual layer on the server’s working framework. This layer isolates the server into partitions and permits clients to use their own working frameworks, operating system, and programming.
This nature of VPS makes it the perfect hosting technique for consumer-targeted sites, including on the web stores and small independent companies. With this methodology, you’ll experience quicker loading sessions, improved security, and a boosted site execution.
Dedicated hosting is one of the costliest hosting alternatives — it’s intended for sites that see a lot of traffic over expanded periods. With dedicated hosting, your website has its own server. This implies your business has full command over your frameworks, security, and everything else related to your server (which is the reason this choice requires a significant level of skill — you need somebody who can deal with your server properly).
For creating a WordPress site, you can also use WordPress hosting, which Is the most significant method to improve your SEO, boost traffic, and sales. WordPress is compatible with all the web hosting companies. This hosting includes many features.
The Best WordPress Hosting Providers are WP Engine, InMotion Hosting, WordPress.com, Kinsta, Flywheel, etc. It is a hosting that has been optimized to meet WordPress’ performance and security needs. It also includes one-click WordPress installs to make it easy to get started with WordPress.
You can visit https://wordpress.com/hosting/ for more information about this hosting.
It was fun and exciting to use website builders in setting up your own website; however, when you feel that using a website builder is not enough, then comes the second option – WordPress, which is another satisfying procedure to make a personal website.
WordPress platform is easy to use and ideal for new bloggers and building a website for your business. Let’s dive in and check out how WordPress is right for you.
WordPress is a content management system (CMS). It allows you to host and build websites. WordPress contains plugin architecture and a template system, so you can customize any site to fit your business, blog, portfolio, or online store.
Setup Your Website by Installing WordPress
Once you have selected the proper domain name and set up the hosting, the next step is to install your website using the CMS platform, ie. WordPress. Setting up the site using WordPress is easy, and it includes plenty of free themes and add-ons to design your website.
In case you don’t use Bluehost as a web hosting, you can find other providers that help you to install WordPress located in the cPanel.
Follow these steps to install WordPress website on Bluehost:
1. Sign in to your Bluehost account.
2. Click on “My Sites” and afterward on “Create Site.”
3. Select the domain name to install it, and the WordPress installation will start. It will all happen on autopilot.
4. When the installation setup is completed, Bluehost will show you the login details. Make a note and save this information for later use.
Now for testing your website, click on “Login to WordPress.” Your login URL will look like this:
You can sign in to your WordPress site using the admin username and password you entered earlier.
If WordPress is installed correctly, you will see the website, as shown below:
Verifying the SSL/HTTPS settings
SSL makes sure that your website is carried to your visitors securely.
SSL is added by Bluehost automatically when you create a new website or install WordPress. You can check the site’s SSL by these steps:
1. Sign in to your Bluehost account.
2. Go to My sites > Manage site.
3. Click on the “Security” to access the security panel.
4. Under “Security Certificate,” you will find your “Free SSL Certificate” status. Enable it.
Once everything is working correctly, you will see a lock icon next to your domain name in the browser.
Sometimes SSL takes a few hours to set up completely, but that shouldn’t stop you from continuing to build your website.
Designing Your Website
The next step is to design the website. To make your website look more appealing, you need to select a nice theme or design, customize it, and add other branding elements. Start with:
1. Selecting a theme
WordPress themes are out-the-box and professionally designed and you can install them on your website to change their appearance.
There are almost 7,465 themes available to design your website. They are interchangeable; you can switch from one theme to another anytime. The web includes both paid and free WordPress themes.
You can find the free themes from the official page of WordPress.org. Check out the “Popular themes” section.
2. Installing A Theme
For installing the selected theme, log in to your WordPress site at http://www.yoursitedomain.com/wp-admin. Use the user name and password you received during installation.
You can select and change the required theme from the WordPress admin dashboard.
1. Go to Appearance > Themes page and then click on the ‘Add New’ button.
2. Under “add new,” you will find thousands of free themes that are available from the WordPress.org directory.
You can use “Feature filter” and choose the theme accordingly (i.e., eCommerce, entertainment, education, etc.). You will see other options as well, like Featured, Popular, Latest, and Favorites.
3. To choose a free theme or premium theme, you can type the theme name In the “Search themes…” field. WordPress will show the theme in search results.
We will take an example of the premium themes: Theme Forest.
3. To install the theme, click on the ‘Install’ button. Once this is done, click on the ‘activate’ button to activate the theme.
4. You will see a message that will let you know that the activation was successful.
3. Customizing The Theme
Once the selected theme is installed, you can customize the theme under the ‘Appearance’ menu. You will get plenty of options to change the theme settings with a live preview of your own website.
Let us check some basic options to customize the theme for your website.
Add a logo: The first step people might want to take is to upload a logo of their brand. It is displayed at the top left corner of the website.
You can add a logo or site icon under the ‘header settings’ tab.
Site identity provides an option to add site title, tagline, and logo.
It also allows you to display site title and tagline in the header.
Click on the add logo button, and it will ask you to upload a file or image you want to use as a site icon. WordPress allows you to crop the image if the image size exceeds the recommended size. Save the changes and preview your website to see the logo in action.
You can create your own logo as well using free logo maker tools like Wix logo maker, Tailor Brands, Canva, Free Logo Design, Graphic Springs, etc.
Change website colour and fonts: As you are learning how to customize a website, you can also start with changing the site’s color and font by clicking on the design and layout > theme skins and colors.
This will give you the option to change various things like site title color and tagline color.
Save and preview the changes.
Similarly, you can change or customize the font, visit the ‘design & layout’ tab. Under ‘Google web fonts,’ you can change the title and body font, page/post font, site title font, etc.
Select the font and save the changes.
Customize social icons: To promote your business brand, you should link your website with social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc. You can add and customize your social icons accordingly.
Click on header settings > social icons. It allows you to set the icon style and URL.
Save the changes and preview to check the results in mobile and desktop views. You can always go back and make necessary changes before publishing.
You can finalize all the theme settings right away or once you have some content added on your website. Slowly moving, you will explore many options for customizing the website.
You can also add widgets, sidebar, menus, slider, and showcase options after you get an on-hand experience with WordPress.
Let us proceed and check how to add extra functionality using plugins.
Choose and Install Plugins for Your WordPress Website
A plugin is a part of software comprising a group of functions that can be added to a WordPress website. They can add new features or extend functionality to your websites. They work the same way as apps do for your smartphone.
They act as small software applications that run on the top of your WordPress website. There are more than 52,000 plugins available in the WordPress.org directory.
There is a plugin for almost everything that you are trying to do on WordPress based on a popular proverb in the WordPress community, “There is a plugin for that.” If a feature is not present in default WordPress, then there must be a plugin for it.
1. To begin plugin installation on your website, go to Dashboard, and in the left pane, click ‘plugins.’
2. Click ‘add new.
3. Search or browse for your desired plugin in the search bar, and you will see multiple listings. Pick the best plugin for you and then click “Install Now.”
4. Activate the plugin to use its proper functionality. The plugin can be installed on your website; however, it will work once you activate it. That’s all; you were successful in installing the plugins.
In order to install the paid plugins, you need to use a different method. They can be installed using the method discussed above.
Firstly, download the zip file of the plugin from the source. Following the same above procedure, click on the upload plugin (shown in the figure above in rounded red circle).
This will display the plugin upload option. Click on ‘choose file’ and select the plugin’s zip file from your computer.
After the file is selected, click ‘install now.’ The plugin file will be uploaded from your computer, and you will see a success message once the installation is over. Similarly, activate the plugin to start using it.
As a beginner, you must be thinking which plugins should you install from these countless plugins that are worth for your website.
So, without any confusion, here is our list of the top WordPress plugins.
With the help of Yoast SEO, you can rank your website higher in search engines. Yoast SEO is a plugin that helps you with your SEO.
Yoast SEO offers:
- Title and meta description for better branding in the search results.
- A state-of-the-art Schema implementation helps search engines make sense of your site and increases the chance of those coveted rich results.
- Advanced XML Sitemaps functionality at the click of a button.
- Complete control over your site’s breadcrumbs.
- Canonical URLs to avoid duplicate content.
- [Premium] support for Premium users with the ability to develop Yoast SEO with the News SEO, Video SEO, Local SEO, and WooCommerce SEO.
Akismet keeps a check on your comments and contact form submissions against a database of spam to limit your site from publishing malicious content. You can review the comment under the ‘Comments’ admin screen.
With the WooCommerce plugin, you can setup a new online store for your business within minutes. The set up includes:
- Product, Cart, and Checkout pages
- Secure payments using a credit card and other options
- Shipping options, including label printing and flat rates
- Automatic tax calculations
- MailChimp, Google Analytics, and Facebook integration
It allows the users to run their own eCommerce sites with a free WooCommerce mobile app available on both iOS and Android.
This is the most popular firewall, malware, virus, and security scanner. A web application firewall that identifies and blocks malicious traffic. The features include:
- Protection from force attacks by controlling login attempts.
- Protects your site at the endpoint, allowing deep combination or alliance with WordPress
- Compares your essential files, plugins, and themes with the files in WordPress.org directory.
- Review your site for known security vulnerabilities and also alerts you when a plugin has been abandoned or closed.
It’s frustrating to lose all the saved work due to an accidental fault or mistake. To get avoid that, WordPress has developed UpdraftPlus which is a WordPress Backup Plugin that helps you to schedule a backup of your files and database into the cloud storage and restore them with a single click!
The backup goes directly to Dropbox, Amazon S3, Google Drive, Rackspace Cloud, UpdraftVault, Openstack Swift, FTP, DreamObjects, and email.
Contact Form 7: It can manage and customize multiple contact forms and mail contacts with simple markup. If you activate this plugin’s features, the contact form submitter’s personal data may be sent to the service provider. The features include Akismet, reCAPTCHA (Google), and Constant Contact.
TinyMCE Advanced: As usual, this plugin lets you add, arrange, and remove the buttons shown on the Visual Editor toolbar in the Classic Paragraph and Classic blocks in the block editor.
WP Super Cache: You can use this plugin to master the speed of your website. It generates static HTML files from your dynamic WordPress site, and after that, your website server will process that file instead of processing the heavier WordPress PHP scripts.
How to Add Content to Your WordPress Site?
It is difficult to imagine a website without posts or pages. They are the main attraction of your website. It is just like a word document on the website that includes important pages like homepage, contact page, about page, blog, services, and shop page for an eCommerce site. These pages will be similar in structure with different content.
There are 2 types of content that can be added: Posts and Pages
Posts are part of a blog, and the newer items are displayed first; however, pages are static such as your contact page, about page, etc.
Now let us proceed and learn how to add the content to your own website.
1. Adding and editing pages
You will start adding a few pages, and if you do not have enough content to post now, you can always edit and update this content after or before publishing.
1. On the left pane, head over to Pages > Add New page in WordPress under the dashboard area. This will direct you to the page editor screen, like this:
2. Let us create a page say ‘home page.’ The first step is to provide a title to a page. After that, you can add your content in the text area below. You can add images, text links, insert videos, audios, headings (H1 to H6), insert table, etc.
It is important to save your work, click on ‘save draft’ every time you make any changes to your page. Once everything is finalized, you can click the publish button to make it live on your website.
Similarly, you can repeat the process with other pages as well. You can edit the pages anytime as shown below:
2. Creating blog posts
1. To add blog posts, go to Go to Posts > Add New. It will remind you of a screen, as you saw earlier, while adding pages.
Add the post title and content to the visual editor area. Fill out the extra things as well, such as post category, tags, and remember to add the featured image (the image that represents the theme of your post or page) for both the posts and pages.
To check how it will look upon publishing, you can click on the ‘preview’ button.
Next would be to set up the navigation menu that will help the users to browse or jump to different pages or sections on your website. By default, WordPress uses this system to display menus.
Let us proceed and add a navigation menu to your own site.
1. Under the WordPress dashboard, click appearance > menus page. Enter the navigation menu name and click on the create menu button. The menu will be empty at this moment.
2. Moving forward, select the pages that you want to display in your menu and click create a new menu. Save the menus by clicking on the save menu button.
You will observe that your selected pages covered the empty area of your navigation menu. You can rearrange their position in the menu.
WordPress also provides you an option to set the location of the menu, by default, most of the WordPress themes have a primary menu that appears on top.
Finally, save the menu to store your navigation menu. Now, you can preview your website to see the menu working in action.
Install Google Analytics
Google analytics is a plugin or analytics tool offered by WordPress or Google that helps you track and report website traffic. It tracks the activities such as session duration, bounce rate, pages per session, etc. of people using the site.
Google Analytics can be paired up with Google Ads that lets users create and review online campaigns by tracking the conversion rate and page quality.
The Google Analytics plugin helps you to view the Analytics stats inside your WordPress dashboard. Its major goal is to enhance your business with data-driven decisions.
You can add a Google Analytics Dashboard Plugin for WP by ExactMetrics, or you can visit this link to https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1008015?hl=en to Get started with Analytics.
- Precise Tracking – setup all-powerful features with a few clicks (without hiring a developer).
- Easy Google Analytics Dashboard – See your Google Analytics reports inside your WordPress dashboard.
- Check who is watching your website, where they’re coming from, what they’re doing, how they found your site and more.
- Ecommerce Tracking – Use Google Analytics Enhanced eCommerce tracking for Easy Digital Downloads, WooCommerce, & MemberPress.
- GDPR / CCPA Compliant – Automatically compliant with GDPR, CCPA, and other privacy protocols.
- Review which products, pages, and posts are most popular on your website.
- File Download Tracking – download and track the with just one-click.
- It is free of charge.
- You can easily find out how your visitors located your website.
- Check which links were visited more.
- Track the number of new visitors that your SEO campaign brings to you.
- Analyze data quickly with shareable reports.
- You can use an app to track the website traffic.
Plan Your Marketing Strategy
Many people build their own website to represent their business and brand to the outside world. The website acts as a website marketing tool that helps you to drive more traffic and sales.
To succeed in online marketing, you should plan a marketing strategy to promote and grow your business online.
Let’s follow these steps for a successful marketing strategy:
1. Perform a website design review
You have already covered your first step by building your own website by following a simple procedure shared in the previous sections. Just make sure that your website should be:
2. Optimize your website for SEO
My first wish would be to rank my site higher in the search results upon browsing, and this can be fulfilled by thinking about a proper SEO strategy.
SEO is Search Engine Optimization that helps you in increasing your website’s visibility in search engines, and it can be done in 3 ways:
Off-page SEO: Creating backlinks to promote your website on other websites.
On-page SEO: Your website content should be user friendly and easy to crawl by the website crawlers, this can be achieved by on-page SEO.
Technical SEO: Your website should be free from errors and other issues so that search engines index your website properly.
Content-rich in SEO: Content added on the website should satisfy the users.
Nowadays, 80% of people use social media for purchase. Therefore, your next step should be to promote your website on all the social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.
4. Create a content marketing plan
In simple words, promoting the website means promoting the content of your website. Therefore, the content should be:
Once this analysis is done, you will have a list to create the required content. Use content marketing calendar to decide which content would be published and at what time.
5. Use Paid Ads to reach more customers
With this, you will learn that SEO takes time to provide results. Therefore, for fast results, you can use paid advertising. With this, you can attract more traffic and sales in less time.
You can choose various advertising platforms, such as Facebook ads, Google Ads, Bing Ads, etc.
Start with a low budget, and after deriving, results invest more money for more positive reviews and results.
6. Use email marketing to interact with your audience
Usually, I check my emails daily, and I receive a lot of promotional emails. One such method of promoting the business online is through email marketing. 58% of people use emails for marketing their products and services.
Check these tips that will benefit you with this campaign:
You can also use remarketing with advertising platforms like Facebook Ads, Google Ads, or Twitter by reconnecting with people that visited your website once.
7. Keep your website and content up-to-date and move forward
Everything needs improvement. The content might be good, although they are not attracting traffic, or they don’t rank anywhere. Find the loopholes and decide to publish them again, redirect the URL to other traffic driven websites, or merge the content with other pages.
The page with higher rankings might not be at the top always, so its high time to add more content to the website. Check the page with a higher ranking using Google Analytics or Google Search Console.
8. Measure, analyze, rinse and repeat
Track and monitor the website regularly so that you can cover the topics that perform better than others. These goals can be achieved by Google Analytics.
1. Is WordPress the best way to make a site?
Yes, however, there are plenty of other web designers out there. We accept that WordPress is the best and most effortless platform to build a website.
2. How would I bring in money from my site?
After helping clients make a site, this is by far the most ordinary asked question. There are an enormous number of ways to bring in money online from your site.
You can make money using affiliate marketing, display Ads on WordPress, sell sponsored blogs, sell eBooks, host a webinar, etc.
3. How would I start a site where I can sell items?
You can, without much of a stretch, add an online store to your WordPress site. Use the best eCommerce modules and plugins for WordPress, such as WooCommerce, BigCommerce, Easy Digital Downloads, MemberPress, and Shopify. You can likewise follow this method to begin an online store.
4. Do I have to know HTML/CSS to make and tweak my site?
No, you don’t have to know HTML/CSS to assemble a site with WordPress. You can utilize one of the many drags and drop WordPress page developer modules to handily modify your sites.
5. How might I start a site for free?
Some web designers may offer free choices; however, we don’t suggest utilizing those. Regularly they will embed their brand and ad on your site, which doesn’t look proficient.
It’s smarter to buy your own hosting and domain name and, so you have full responsibility for your site.
6. Would I be able to begin a site like eBay?
Truly, you can easily make a site like eBay utilizing an auction plugin for WordPress.
7. Would I be able to get a free domain name for my site?
Indeed, some web hosting organizations offer a free domain on the off chance that you decide to begin a site with them. Bluehost is a formally suggested WordPress hosting provider.
8. Would I be able to import my posts from another blog or blogging platform?
Yes – you can export from your old blog to then import on your new WordPress blog.
Congratulations! You were successful in setting up your own website. Now, your agenda should be to drive traffic to your website and earn some money from it by monetizing your site.
We trust this guide helped you figure out how to make a site without employing an engineer, coder, or overspending cash.